Monday, March 10, 2008

Crime Against Women

Incidentally, I’ve revived the NotJustStatistics blog which I ran till 2006. I’m not entirely certain why since it seems like an exercise in fultility but here it is anyway:
For those of you who’ve never seen the blog, it primarily contains links to articles which deal with crime against women in India although it focusses on cases which involve Sections 498 A and 304 B of the Indian Penal Code. I try to include the name and the age of the woman involved in each case.I don’t update it very frequently but if you come across a story you’d like to see included, please mail it to me. And if, for some reason, the blog annoys you, please do not mail me. Just to be clear, I don’t want to hear from anyone who belongs to a group that calls itself ‘Saving Indian Family / Society / Husbands / Marriages / Culture’ , ‘Injured Husbands’ , ‘NRI Victims’ or anything else along those lines.While I do realise that the Section i.e. 498 A contains no provision to ensure that women don’t lie, I don’t see that in itself as a reason to do away with the law entirely.

No comments: