Friday, April 18, 2008

Frigid Jones' Diary

'Cutting up Playgirl' by Carrie Jones
That's what the author calls her autobiography which is scheduled to be published soon in an interview to the Daily Mail. It seems to be a tell-all book by a lady who has little to tell anyone. (George Mikes may have been right when he said that on the continent, people have a sex life but in England, they have hot water bottles.) I'm not sure what to make of it although it stuns me that she claims not to have told her family that she has written the book at all. I can understand not telling an abusive husband about writing a book which speaks of his behaviour but considering that she describes her husband as a good man, I cannot imagine why she hasn't told him or her daughters about the book. I know that if I were in their shoes, I would want to have some time to brace myself for the hullabaloo the book will in all probability cause in their lives.
Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=510248&in_page_id=1879

No comments: